Thursday, August 10, 2006

depressed???

You know most days I do pretty well. I can function and I don't think about how I'm about to be 28 and I'm not even pg yet. Or how I have been pg twice and I have no baby at home. Anyway today is feeling like one of those other days. The day where I feel sad and just feel a load of emotion that I hate. I really never know when these days will come. The other day I was looking at the cutest pic of me holding Avery after she was born and I just got so sad. The whole rest of the evening was awful. Then I was at a party and there were babies all around, with moms talking about stuff and I just felt so left out. Like that is a club that I will never be a part of.

I have wondered in the last year or so if I am truly depressed, I mean would a dr diagnose me that way? Let's look and see what the definition is...Depressed: 1. Low in spirits; dejected. 2. Decreased level of function. I would say that I fit into that, but when I read about Depression, it doesn't fit as a medical diagnosis. I guess I should be happy, that even though there are many mornings I don't want to get out of bed and just put on my happy face for people, that I am not clinically depressed. My mother was diagnosed with depression in her thirties and some theories say depression is genetic. Not sure if I believe that or not. But anywho, not depressed, just sad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baby Blues said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes figuring out why I'm so unreasonably SAD drives me crazy. I hate not being able to control my emotions.

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home