Friday, September 22, 2006

What it's all about.

I think that whenever you go through some form of suffering you can go one of two ways. 1. You can learn from the experience. You can grow as a person. You can take you suffering and turn it into something good for you and others. 2. or you can become hard and bitter. Be angry at the world and at God. On most days I choose the first one. I want my experiences to be for something. I don't want to feel all of that pain for nothing. Here is a link to Catherine's blog. She has had two stillborns and though she has her moments of asking why and being angry she still amazes me with how much love and compassion she has for others. Sorry I'm getting away from my point. She posted something on her blog that I want to link to. This is a couple who took their pain and turned it into something amazing. FAITH'S LODGE

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Rian
Thanks for the sweet comment you posted on my blog. To say I am shocked that someone I don't know reads it, is an understatement.

I have been sitting here reading your blog and am amazed at your strength! Why God allows us to go thru different valleys is impossible to understand.
Your August 2nd entry was so touching and brutally honest I cried as I read it. I don't know anything about you except for your pain and desire to have a child. It would be simple for me to pray that you find peace and have faith in this situation but I have always lived by the mantra to "pray big" and "pray fervently". If I can do it for myself and those around me and teach my kids to do it than I can do it for you, a complete stranger. I will pray for you everyday and my prayer is that God blesses you with a baby and that while you wait, He continues to grow you and mold you into the mother that He wants you to be.

A verse that has given me much encouragement over the years is:

Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I look forward to reading your birth announcement entry! I do believe that there will be one.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home